TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS
The Transport and Logistics industry is diverse and engages workers for a variety of roles, including couriers, truck drivers, bus drivers, fork lift drivers, warehouse workers, and despatch clerks.
This 40-minute module provides the learner a thorough understanding of the key risks and hazards of this sector, and includes the following.
- Current statistics and trends (both AU and NZ)
- Applicable legislative overview
- Chain of Responsibility
- Responsibilities of both employee and employer
- Risk Assessment and Control
- Safe work practices
- Accident and Incident Reporting
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Common hazards and management of hazards
- Sedentary Risks
- Safe driving (i.e speed, mass/dimension/load limits)
- Drugs and Alcohol Hazardous manual handling (i.e. loading/unloading and prolonged postures)
- From Height
- Same level, slips and trips
- Safe access and egress from mobile plant & trucks & hydraulic tail gate safety.
- Mobile plant (forklifts, tuggers, reach trucks)?
- Pallet Racking – loading & unloading pallet racking
- Vehicle safety checks
- Working Alone
- Health and Well-being – tips for drivers
- Resources and Support – AU & NZ